Pitblado & Hoskin Predecessor Firms
In 1882 F.B. Robertson opened a law firm in downtown Winnipeg, population 8,500. Later that same year after adding more lawyers, the firm became known as Robertson, Andrews & Howard. After the addition of more partners in 1884, the Firm changed its name to Robertson, Campbell and Crawford.
In 1886 Isaac Pitblado began practicing law at a competitor firm in Winnipeg.
In 1888 F.B. Robertson left the firm, and the Firm became known as Campbell & Crawford.
In 1898 the Firm expanded and became known as Campbell, Crawford & Smith.
In 1899 partner, Colin H. Campbell ran for public office, winning a seat in the Manitoba Legislature. He became the Manitoba Attorney-General and served as both the Minister of Education and the Minister of Public Works. During his public service, Mr. Campbell introduced a resolution for the northern extension of Manitoba's provincial boundaries, which would result in Manitoba's present size.